Valorie Burton, life strategist and international speaker, is CEO of the Coaching and Positive Psychology (CaPP) Institute. Her life-changing message has an intriguing, research-based emphasis in the pioneering field of applied positive psychology – the study of what happens when things go right with us. Since 1999, she has written 13 books translated into multiple languages and has spoken for hundreds of organizations around the globe. She was named one of the top 60 motivational speakers in America and one of the Top 100 Thought Leaders in the field of personal development.
I am the author of thirteen books on personal development, the founder of The Coaching and Positive Psychology (CaPP) Institute, and an international speaker on resilience and happiness. I have spent more than 15 years studying the research of resilience, positive emotion, and courage – and implementing it in my own life and with hundreds of clients from a dozen countries and nearly every state in the US. My books include, It’s About Time, Successful Women Think Differently, and Brave Enough to Succeed, among others.
I believe life is about knowing why you’re here and living your purpose fully. That means serving the world in a way only you can and growing from the challenges, opportunities, and relationships that come your way. I also believe resilience – the ability to adapt to change and navigate setbacks – is a necessary life skill and it is a skill that can be learned. You must learn it if you want an authentic, successful, and happy life.
I’m a wife, parent, entrepreneur, author, speaker, and life coach dedicated to helping people get unstuck and be unstoppable in every area of life. I discovered the calling of my life purpose, inspiring others through writing and speaking in 1999, and I’ve coached hundreds of clients in nearly every state and a dozen countries. My custom keynote presentations and workshops help you:
- Build resilience and coach yourself through any challenge
- Choose the meaningful over the urgent and climb out of time poverty
- Become happier and cultivate more positive emotions in your life and work
- Navigate setbacks in a way that makes you better, not bitter.
- Speak up with confidence and influence the world around you
- Find the courage to make major life changes
- Let go of guilt, procrastination, perfectionism, fear, and other emotions that threaten to sabotage your potential
I know what it feels like to endure family health challenges and the cost of dreams deferred. Part of my story begins in the summer of 1999, when I had an epiphany that confirmed my life purpose: To inspire others to live more fulfilling lives. At the time I owned my own public relations firm, and was doing quite well, but I just wasn’t passionate about my work. So I put my fears aside and I took a leap of faith to pursue my dream and my passion. That transformation has led me to write twelve books that help others make intentional choices to live more fulfilling, successful lives.
- Successful People Think Differently
- Resilient and Ready: How to Thrive Through Challenge and Change
- Coaching for Leaders: How to Bring Out the Best in Yourself and Others
- It’s About Time: The Art of Choosing the Meaningful Over the Urgent
- Let Go of the Guilt: Stop Beating Yourself Up and Take Back Your Joy and much more.