Recognized for his extensive work as a former senior advisor to President Barack Obama; a prominent healthcare executive; and a leading expert on Socially Conscious Leadership, Anton Gunn has a passion for making positive changes that impact others.
He was the first African American in history elected to the South Carolina Legislature from his district early in his career, breaking through barriers and teaching others to create influence and impact in their own lives.
Anton is a graduate of the University of South Carolina (USC) where he played SEC football for the Gamecocks. He also earned a master's degree in Social Work from USC and was a Resident Fellow at Harvard.
He is the bestselling author of Just Lead, The Audacity of Leadership, and The Presidential Principles, and has been featured in TIME Magazine, the Wall St Journal, INC Magazine, BBC, NPR, and Good Morning America. Anton was also named one of the Ten Most Influential Minority Executives in Healthcare by Fierce Healthcare.
An international keynote speaker, management consultant, and the CEO of 937 Strategy Group, Anton has worked with renowned organizations like Mercedes-Benz Vans, KPMG, Rock Ventures, Sodexo, WellPath, Verizon Wireless, Aetna, T-Mobile, American Organization of Nurse Leaders, Emory Healthcare, Blue Shield of California, and The Boeing Company.
Anton is a Certified Speaking Professional (CSP), a designation earned by the top echelon of professional speakers and held by fewer than 10% of the members belonging to the International Federation for Professional Speakers.
Anton has spent his life helping leaders build diverse, high-performing teams and world-class workplace cultures. He currently serves on multiple boards.
Speaking Topics -
JUST LEAD: How to Increase Influence and Impact
- Identify which leadership behaviors employees are looking for at work
- Inspire those you lead and create a positive legacy in their lives
- Develop a strategic approach to increasing trust in the workplace
- Engage your teams in the power of personal development
- Build a team culture that is caring and helpful
- Model behaviors of the most admired leaders in the world
Customized and personalized for each audience, this program is a powerful leadership program for leaders at any level.
WORLD-CLASS CULTURE™: Boost Employee Retention and Build Your Bottom Line
- Learn the top six drivers of a toxic workplace culture
- Understand the five aspects of culture that matter the most to employees
- Identify three tangible action steps to increase your impact on the workplace
- Gain simple, low-cost strategies that break down silos and improve teamwork
- Discover the bottom-line financial benefits of a world-class workplace culture
This program can be personalized for audiences of leaders and managers, or entire teams and organizations working together to build a better culture.
THE DIVERSITY ADVANTAGE: Break Down Barriers and Build a Winning Organization
- Develop the right mindset around racial justice, diversity, and equity
- Build inclusive and resilient teams that are prepared to grow your company
- Model the behaviors of an inclusive leader
- Define new opportunities to drive leadership accountability on diversity and inclusion
- Build a culture that is responsive – not reactive – to external changes
This program can be personalized for audiences of leaders and managers, or entire teams and organizations working together to create a more impactful, diverse workplace culture.
RADICAL RECOVERY: How Great Leaders Prepare for and Come Back from Tough Times
- Identify and understand disruptive environments
- Develop the right mindset during a crisis
- Build resilient teams that are prepared for adversity
- Respond to the impact of the crisis; do not react to the circumstances
- Become better prepared for the next challenge
Customized and personalized for each audience, this program is an impactful program for leaders at any level.